These are great to go with the Tortilla Española I posted last week.
– 1 Package of Smokies (about 400 gr.)
– 2 Tablespoons butter
– 2 Tablespoons sugar
– 4 Tablespoons ketchup
1. In a frying pan, heat up the butter at medium/low heat.
2. Add the smokies and cook until they start to brown a bit (about 8 minutes). Stir them up with a wooden spoon so you don’t break them apart.
3. Drain the smokies using a colander, and remove the excess oil from the pan using a paper towel.
4. Add the smokies back in the pan, and add the sugar as well.
5. Turn to high heat and cook for about 3 minutes so that the sugar starts to caramelize.
6. Add the ketchup and turn the heat back down to medium, cook for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens and sticks to the smokies.
7. Serve hot.